Justin who blogs at Write21 | A useful resource for new writers has nominated “How to write a memo” for a Beautiful Blogger Award. It’s for “creativity, originality, and contribution to the blogging community.” Thank you! Xie Xie ni! Gracias! Salamat! 🙂
- List seven random facts about yourself.
- Post a link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Link to seven other bloggers who are deserving of the award.
- Let those bloggers know that you have nominated them.
So here are seven random facts about me — not that you care — but hey, I’m honoring the Guidelines.
- I had what my EENT doctor called “kissing tonsils” — so diseased and swollen they’re almost kissing/touching at the back of my throat. I had them taken out when I was 13. I’m happily tonsil-less now and free from the threat of a rheumatic heart disease.
- I like the scent of crayons, newly sharpened pencils, and fresh laundry.
- Lipstick buying sprees lift up my spirits when I’m down. There’s something about lipsticks and cheeky names for lipstick shades that can drive the blues away.
- I have a problem with deadlines — beating them.
- Listening to Jack Johnson’s songs is equivalent to doing yoga, bumming around at the beach, or taking an entire week off work. Very relaxing. Very Zen.
- The best places I’ve ever been to are Kyoto in Japan and Batanes in the Philippines. These are really amazing places where every scene is postcard-pretty.
- I have a 10-year multiple entry tourist visa to the US that’s expiring in 5 years and I haven’t used it once! New York, here I come!
Having said all that, the following bloggers seriously deserve the Beautiful Blogger award:
- I Can’t High Five by Tennizzlle — My current favorite. The posts are always insightful and witty. Read this and get ready to laugh out loud in front of your computer.
- The Mirror of Truth by Mark Williams — I like everything Zen, this blog included. The blogger says “A great way of getting in touch with this creative core of being is by picking up the pen.” I couldn’t agree more.
- Raining Inkdrops by Aaron Smigielski — This is one of my favorite poetry blogs and among the first blogs I ever subscribed to. The writing is always crisp and vivid … kinda like capturing beautiful moments, but words are used instead of a camera. The poems are always heartfelt, thought-provoking, but never mushy.
- Muzzleflashing by Clark Wilson — Cool photos taken from a cellphone and profound musings in 17 syllables about random things. I can use a kick-ass DSLR camera and still not take pictures as pretty as the ones I see in this blog.
- Cherish the Present Moment by my friend Issa Sarza — A daily collection of positive mantras with lovely graphics to keep the blues away.
- zenhabits by Leo Babauta — “Smile, breathe and go slowly.” This amazing gem of a blog helps me clear the clutter and focus on what’s important. Every post is a joy to read. There are many articles on “simplicity, health & fitness, motivation and inspiration, frugality, family life, happiness, goals, getting great things done, and living in the moment.”
- Write to Done by Leo Babauta — I love this writer’s style so much I’m including his other blog. Write to Done is THE definitive blog for writing, blogging, and “finding simplicity in the daily chaos of our lives.”
I’ll be writing a short/sweet/annoying/stalker-type message to these seven bloggers soon to let them know they’ve been nominated. Yey for obscure, feel-good awards!!! 🙂
Stay beautiful, fellow bloggers!